Eating Avocado Each Day
We have all heard about eating an apple a day, but how about Eating Avocado Each Day? It is believed that the avocado originated in Puebla, Mexico, and the oldest evidence was found in a cave dating back to around 10,000 BC. This cultural food was classified in the same family as camphor and cinnamon. The avocado is considered a large berry, and grows on a tree that can reach heights of 6 feet. Avocados truly ripen in 1-2 weeks after being picked.
Avocados are often referred to as the healthiest food due to its impressive nutritional value, which is why Eating Avocado Each Day could benefit you.
Eating Avocado Each Day
Avocados contains these vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Other benefits to Eating Avocado Each Day:
- Avocados have 14% potassium compared to 10% of a banana.
- Avocados have 23% folate. Folate can lower incidences of heart disease, lower the risks of a stroke, and is essential in the prevention of birth defects such as spina bifida and neural tube defect.
- Avocados contain an antioxidant called glutathione that can also help prevent heart disease, cancer, and slows the signs of aging due to the fact it helps fight off free radicals
- Avocados can help our body absorb 5 times the amount of carotenoids (lycopene and beta carotene), and they contain more carotenoid lutein than any other fruit, which can protect against muscular degeneration and cataracts.
- Avocados are also high in beta-sitosterol, which can aid in lowering bad cholesterol by 22%, raise good cholesterol by 11%, and lower blood triglycerides by 20%.
- Avocados are also high in fiber which will help you feel fuller longer, potentially help with weight loss, and helps maintain metabolic health and steadies blood sugar levels.
- Pholyphenols and flavonoids are also found in avocados, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avocados cleanse the intestines, relieve bad breath, nourishes the skin and are beneficial in helping treat psoriasis and other skin irritations.
With all of these amazing benefits you may want to consider adding this healthy fat to your daily nutrition. It is good to have a serving of a healthy fat each day, so why not have avocados be a part of that plan. Eating Avocado Each Day as a part of your healthy nutrition could really pack a punch in health benefits. Bring on the Avocado!