Many people who want to get into shape are often looking for the Secrets of Very Fit People. The funny thing is… There are no real Secrets of Very Fit People, it’s just that very fit people make their health a priority and commit to significant, consistent actions to take care of their health.
So even though they are not secrets per se, understanding the secrets of very fit people and following what they do will help you to get in and stay in shape and achieve the results you desire.
Secrets of Very People
Use these tips as a daily reminder to keep focused on your health.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times! Water should always be your drink of choice. The minimum of water daily requirement is 96 ounces (eight glasses) or more, depending on body size, the climate you live in, and how much physical activity you have each day. Remember you can add lemon, lime, cucumber, or a few berries to your water for flavor.
- Look at exercise as a pleasure! The ability to exercise is a privilege, and should not be looked at as a burden or chore. Regular exercise will produce many positives effects in your life. Focus on the positive. Get excited about your next workout!
- Eat balanced meals with proper portions! Excess calories will turn into excess weight. No matter what the latest fad diet says, extra or even too few calories equals extra weight!
- Create and focus on short-term goals! Our first goal should be to focus on simply completing your daily exercise programs. From there you can establish further goals.
- Keep a daily log of what you are eating! Whether on paper or electronically on your computer, tablet or smartphone, tracking what you eat is a must. Write it down or key or tap it in every time you put anything in your mouth. A handful of chips, or the crust of your kid’s sandwich, it all counts
- Enjoy an occasional (once a week or every two weeks) “unhealthy” treat! This should never become an unhealthy week or “I’m on vacation so I will just eat whatever”.
- Have a partner or friend to exercise with! Accountability is important to staying on track. You can even create a real or virtual group if you want.
- Invest in the right tools! Have good shoes and quality workout clothes. The more comfortable you are working out the better off you will be.
- Make a goal of exercising 6 days a week. If your workout program is just 5 days a week, get a walk in on the other days.
Secrets of Very Fit People
- Have an exercise schedule! Don’t leave it to chance or waiting to “find” the time. Have a schedule to know which workouts should be done on each day, and having a specified time will help keep you on track.
- Move beyond the focus of weight loss! Measure success by the way your clothes fit and your energy level, not the number on a scale.
- Get adequate sleep! 7-9 hours is important for muscle recovery.
- Limit alcohol, caffeine, and sugar. All of these have negative effects on the body and its processes.
- Supplement! Supplement your nutrition with a complete nutrition shake and other supplements to keep your body working hard through every workout.
As we said before these are not really secrets, but they are musts! Very fit people make all these things and more a part of their daily life. If you are not sure where to start, reach out to get access to a FREE Beachbody Coach. Beachbody Coaches can help you pick the right fitness program, nutrition plans that are simple, balanced, and teach proper portion size, and nutritional supplements that will help you get the results you want.